This copyrighted ComputerBob.com post cannot legally appear elsewhere.
Teaching contains links to helpful information for teachers and trainers.
Please consider the age of this information.
- ComputerBob In Education
- Computer-Related Resources For Teachers
- Jane’s E-Learning Pick of the Day – A daily item of e-learning interest.
- Educational Freeware & Shareware Sites
- Two short, thought-provoking videos for educators to discuss:
- Classroom Internet Integration
- Exploring Computer Hardware Hacking
- Exploring Technology Controversies
- Learning to Avoid Computer Viruses, Worms, and Trojan Horses
- Exploring the ‘Love Bug’ Virus and How to Counter Hacking
- Typing Software – The Big Picture
- Typing For Kids Software Reviews
- Programming With Alice
- Thinkfinity – Verizon’s Literacy, Education and Technology Materials.
- Other Resources For Teachers & Students
- Coursefork – “Build better courses, together. Coursefork is a powerful new way to collaborate on educational content. We’re on a mission to give visibility to open educators. Our dream is the world’s best courses freely available for anyone to find, customize, and teach.”
- Computer Science PhD – “Lays out career info that Phd students can use as a one stop shop to help them find the best career choices.”
- Khan Academy — “A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) with the mission of providing a world-class education to anyone, anywhere. Despite being the work of one man, Salman Khan, this 1600+ video library is the most-used educational video resource as measured by YouTube video views per day and unique users per month.”
- Open Text Book — A registry of textbooks that anyone can access, reuse and redistribute.
- MIT Open Courseware — Free lecture notes, exams, and other resources from more than 1700 courses spanning MIT’s entire curriculum.
- SmartStudy’s 1,000+ Open Textbooks and Learning Resources for All Subjects.
- HippoCampus — Multimedia and course materials supporting hundreds of textbooks on many different subjects.
- Math Help – WebMath will show you, step-by-step, how to solve any problem that you input into it. MathTV offers videos of instructors showing how to solve several types of problems.
- Instructables – “Instructables is a web-based documentation platform where passionate people share what they do and how they do it, and learn from and collaborate with others.”
- start.me For Educators – According to an email I received from start.me’s Founder and CEO, “Worldwide over 1 million people use start.me as their personal start page. With start.me’s dashboard, you always have all your favorite sites, news sources and cloud services available within one single click. start.me has thousands of teachers around the world, organizing and sharing online resources with students, using start.me’s special (and free) plan for educators.”
- Guidebook To Accredited Online Degree Programs – To help new and returning students understand the online academic landscape and how best to succeed in an online degree program. Includes a comprehensive look at the growth of online degree programs at not-for-profit universities, tips for pursuing an online degree while working, a list of top online degrees for ROI, and advice for international students interested in earning an online degree from a U.S. college.
- Top Online Computer Science Degrees
- Master Degrees in Computer Science
- Computer Science Career Guides
It is illegal to publish this copyrighted ComputerBob.com post anywhere else.